DescriptionA collection of memories and overnight experiences on trails around the world designed the Dirigo 2. Countless stories from within Hyperlite Mountain Gear's (HMG's) team and from their accomplished ambassadors and friends helped arrive at the same conclusions about what makes for a perfect evening vs. a less-than-stellar retreat. The Dirigo 2 is 28 oz of protection against any more unwanted moisture, setup steps, separate pieces, excessive hardware, or additional weight, and our insurance that going forward, ultralight camping out in the wild couldn’t get much better.
The Dirigo 2 is a self-contained, three-season, two-person shelter constructed with a blend of five different Dyneema® Composite Fabrics optimally placed throughout this minimalist but feature-packed structure for the best ratios of weight, waterproofness, breathability, and long-term durability. This 100% waterproof fabric eliminates the need for a separate rainfly, and the strongest man-made fibers in the world laid out in a grid within these fabrics means you can pitch the Dirigo 2 without a ground sheet, too. Since you’re using trekking poles for incredibly robust structural support, you don’t need to carry separate small diameter aluminum poles, either. Less hardware to fail, and less to fiddle with when Mother Nature decides to pull a really fast one on you with unexpected weather.
Hand built in Biddeford, Maine by highly-skilled craftspeople using some of the best manufacturing equipment in the world, the Dirigo 2 is a prime example of what a decade of knowledge with game-changing high-tech fabrics can produce.
The future is now.
1.75 lbs | 28 oz | 794g
Weight includes perimeter guy lines only.
- Easy entry/exit for two with dual entry
- Breathable panels at head and foot to combat condensation
- Two vestibules for exterior gear storage with #5 YKK Aquaguard® Zippers
- Two large mesh walls for maximum ventilation
- Pitches with two trekking poles and eight stakes
- Carbon Fiber 'Ridge Bar' adds superior strength and stability
- Reflective guy-out points
- Internal mesh hanging stow pocket
- Two side wall guy-out points for increased internal space
- Fully seam-sealed
- Line-locs on all guy-out points
- Includes X-Large Drawstring Stuff Sack for storage
- Stake Kit sold separately
- Made in Biddeford, Maine, USA