Best bear canister for a shorter trip, for multiple people on a weekend trip, or for when space is limited. This bear canister, the BV450, has the same diameter as the BV500, but is shorter.
Weight is 2 lbs 1 oz (.94 kg), volume is 440 cubic inches (7.2 liters). This is enough space for four days of foodstuff for one person.
To open this bear canister, just rotate the lid and press in the two catch points on the lid so they can twist beyond the stop point on the clear canister. Opening the vault may be more challenging in cold weather because the plastic will firm up a little.
- Grizzly & Black Bear Approved.
- Lighter for backpacking when every ounce counts.
- Extra wide opening provides full access for loading, unloading and finding items.
- Innovative patented design so you can open and close the lid without tools.
- Super rugged transparent poly-carbonate housing resists impacts without shattering.
- Built in guides keep tie down straps in place so extra carrying case is not needed to attach to backpack.