UPDATE Thursday 9/3/20, 1:02 p.m.: We got 'em in!
Best bear canister for a longer trip or for multiple people on a shorter trip. Between this bear canister—the BV500, the BV450, and the Garcia Bear-Resistant Container, this model has the best volume to weight ratio.
Weight is 2 lbs 9 oz (1.16 kg), volume is 700 cubic inches (11.5 liters). This is enough space for seven days of foodstuff for one person.
To open this bear canister, just rotate the lid and press in the two catch points on the lid so they can twist beyond the stop point on the clear canister. Opening the vault may be more challenging in cold weather because the plastic will firm up a little.
- Grizzly & Black Bear Approved.
- Larger capacity for the space you need.
- Extra wide opening provides full access for loading, unloading and finding items.
- Innovative patented design so you can open and close the lid without tools.
- Super rugged transparent poly-carbonate housing resists impacts without shattering.
- Built in guides keep tie down straps in place so an extra carrying case is not needed to attach to backpack.