Kenja 88 Flat 2024
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
If you don’t want to choose between piste and powder, between moguls and groomed carving slopes, then the 2024 Volkl Kenja 88 Women’s Ski is the perfect partner for every occasion. This all-mountain freerider with state-of-the-art build is suitable for female skiers who value performance but don’t want to be confined to piste or terrain. Its impressive carving performance is due to the three different radii in the 3D Radius Sidecut. Different parts of the ski are involved at different speeds and as the edges are engaged and disengaged, helping it manage different turns, terrains and forces perfectly. The tip and tail rocker makes initiating turns smoother and forgives mistakes on slopes deep with powder or crud. The centre radius is shorter by a metre, allowing the ski to be steered with noticeably less effort. With the Kenja 88 beneath your feet, you can take on everything the mountains have to offer. To ensure the perfect ride on every length from 149 to 170 cm, Tailored Carbon Tips and a Tailored Titanal Frame have been integrated into the Kenja 88 for this season. What does that mean? The Tailored Titanal Frame which features in many Titanal Freeride models is an evolution of our well-known Titanal frame. In this design, the width of the Titanal upper belt can be adapted to the length of the ski; the resulting torsional stiffness and the desired damping behaviour can be adapted to the skier. The Titanal content is reduced in shorter skis, which means shorter and lighter skiers can get the most out of their skis without excessive effort. The new Tailored Carbon Tips make the Kenja 88 especially versatile. Carbon fibres applied by means of Tailored Fibre Placement (TFP) allow our engineers to influence curve behaviour with great accuracy. The strength and alignment of the fibres define the force you need to apply and the energy that builds up where it’s needed. Agile shovel reaction is a feature of special note. This means that as soon as you initiate a turn, you can steer the ski in a measured, easy manner. In other words, simply think about changing direction – and it happens. This construction also allows means less weight without any loss of stability. Also included in the new Kenja 88 with tip and tail rocker is our renowned multilayer wood core surrounded by a full sidewall and a P-Tex 2100 base.
- Three radii in one ski for maximum TURNING & SPEED VERSATILITY IN ALL MOUNTAIN SKIING LONG TIP & TAIL RADIUS Usage of long radii at tip and tail for big turns and high speed // easy steering and maneuverability // disruption resistant at the tip // no radius limitation and ease of turn exit TIGHT CENTER RADIUS Usage of shorter radius in the center for short turns and lower speed // extremely easy to initiate short turns // strikingly agile // effortless and smooth in short turns
- Tailored Titanal Frame: In contrast to the previous design, the width of the titanal frame is now adapted exactly to each individual ski length. This results in Tailored Titanal Frames, which are positioned above the sidewall alog the tip and tail area of the ski to provide the desired damping and torsional stiffness. The size of the frames is tailored to the skier's height, skiing ability and power. This means that longer ski models have a higher titanal content for more stiffness, more direct power transmission and stronger dampening. The shorter the length, the lower the titanal content, which makes the ski more agile, so that smaller, lighter and less powerful skiers can use the full potential performance of the ski. In addition to the Tailored Titanal Frames, a second, thinner titanal layer is located in the binding area, which gives the ski the necessary strength, but also agility. The result: the Tailored Titanal Frame technology provides an incomparable combination of agility and high speed control.
- Tailored Carbon Tips: In this innovative manufacturing process the new Tailored Carbon Tips are produced by embroidering the individual carbon fibers onto a carrier material. This allows them to be positioned exactly along the stress lines, opening up completely new possibilities, for performance at the front of the ski, which has a decisive influence on the handling of the ski. The stiffness, torsion and thus the skiing characteristics can be specifically adjusted via the fiber thickness and millimeter-precise alignment. In this way, the fibers guide the dynamics to the areas of the ski where they are needed. The visibly integrated Tailored Carbon Tips are light, allow an agile shovel reaction with less effort and quickly build up energy. The Tailored Carbon Tips thus reach a new level of precision, direct tip response and active skiing pleasure.
- Multilayer Woodcore: The side wall is laminated to extremely stable layers of wood on the sides of the sandwich core. In combination with a more flexible, lighter wood built into the center of the sandwich core construction provides numerous advantages: The hardwood part immediately adjacent to the sidewall effects a higher power transmission, improves the edge grip and supports the edge against external forces. The low weight of the softwood part in the middle of the ski brings more agility and maneuverability and reduces overall ski weight. The combination of both wood types running through the entire ski length contributes to an optimal distribution of the ski stiffness increasing the steering precision. It is the first and only sidewall/core technology intended for aggressive on-piste and racing use and capable of delivering the victory and defeat, even if it is measured in hundredths of seconds.
- Direct and strong power transmission with full length sidewalls.
- Tip & Tail Rocker: Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle